Since 1952, Maui Memorial Medical Center has played an integral part in our lives caring for Maui’s families and visitors. From its humble roots serving a diverse plantation community, over the years your hospital has grown right along with the island, both in size and efficiency to accommodate our expanding population.
Today, this 209-bed, state-of-the-art facility offers some of the most advanced healthcare in the state. It is the only acute-care, full-service hospital in Maui County and is supported through appropriated state funds, private financing, and generous community support, including donations from the MMMC Foundation.
Some of MMMC’s highlights:
- Only hospital in the state to offer a 24/7 stroke intervention program.
- Cutting-edge technology being used in MMMC’s Heart, Brain & Vascular Center has positioned the hospital as a leader in stroke intervention and vascular procedures in the U.S.
- MMMC has six leading cardiologists on staff and offers Maui’s only complete cardiology program.
- In September 2009, MMMC became the first neighbor island hospital to perform open heart surgery.
- Emergency Department is the second busiest in the state treating nearly 33,000 patients each year.
- Only neighbor island medical facility offering an inpatient behavioral health facility for adolescents.
- In 2009, 1,891 babies were born at MMMC – its Obstetrics Department is 4th busiest in the state.
- Hospital employs more than 1,200 employees as well as over 200 attending physicians, 90% are Board-certified.
- More than 500 licensed clinical support staff work at MMMC in various disciplines including nursing, pharmacy, radiology and clinical psychology. Moving forward, Maui Memorial is committed to fostering healthcare initiatives and programs to improve medical care in our community well into the future. Ultimately, you and your family are the beneficiaries of these efforts.